The whispers you’ve heard are true – Camp 2009 has moved to a new venue.
Unfortunately, despite the early planning and hard work of the Camp Working Group, the people in New Milton messed up. We booked the site, and then when we didn’t receive a confirmation from them we contacted them again to double-check that everything was ok. But they had double-booked the site. So instead of heading to New Milton in July we’ll be heading to…Folkestone, Kent.
The Camp Form has been updated and can now be downloaded from the Latest News page (same is true of the Staff Invitation letter). If you’ve already handed in a completed “New Milton” form, don’t worry, you don’t need to complete another. Please note that forms and deposits must be handed in by 29th March.
Some random facts and memories from when we were last there in 2006:
- the Camp theme was The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
- a group of campers/Asst. Staff sang Hallelujah at the concert (since “made famous” by Alexandra Burke)
- [watch the Hallelujah video here]
- the Camp uniform was purple and at Church we were described as Ribena people
- we had a wintery themed banquet
- it was attended by Father Christmas and he was voted Best Camper!
- we went boating on the military canal
- one of the cooks actually lost it, big time
- the Chaplaincy team introduced formal Bible Study sessions
- we had a Hawaiian Beach Party
- the Marquee was posh with windows and an east wing
- Maddy spent the whole of Camp hiding in the grass – and no-one realised she was there
- Matt D was outwitted by a football [1 : 2 : 3]
Share your memories of Camp 2006 in Folkestone below. What was the best thing about Camp @ Folkestone?